Tuesday, October 19, 2010

BirDs

Finally, a new project. Though this clutch took no time to make, for some reason I could not get motivated to finish it. I probably made the bird applique a month or so ago with the intention of attaching it to a clutch, I just found myself walking pass it. I know it is hard to believe that someone like me, not married, no children, no real responsibilities pass 5 pm, can't find time to sew, but it is true. I get home, made dinner for Jay and I, do the dishes, pick up around the house, go to the gym, and when that is all done, it is almost 10 pm. Geez....how does anyone work full time and have children??

 Anyways, getting back to the real reason I blog. The clutch, it is not my greatest work, but it may the cutest. The fabric has all these little bird cages on it with birds inside, which works perfectly with the applique.


The bird applique is made of felt. I cut out the first pink bird, then the gray one to outline it. I really wanted to make the wing into a heart shape, but I was not able to make a heart that I was pleased with due to the size it needed to be. The button and zig zag stitching brought the whole thing together. I first used fabric glue, but after a little, the pieces of felt were not sticking to each other, I am happy I decided to go with the zig zag stitching. 

From here, I have pile of ideas for christmas presents. I may or may not post them, depending on if the recipient checks my blog :) I will post what I can. Oh, I do know that I am creating curtains for my closet which are inspired by Donna Downey. So check back soon to see what if I am able to pull off something that creative :)

No comments:

Post a Comment