Tuesday, August 31, 2010

the BOX POUCH

The next couple photos are called the Box Pouch...a tutorial I found from "it's a PRETTY MODERN life" blog. A friend of mine, Deanna had a box pouch sitting on her sewing table and loved it! So, i went looking for a tutorial on how to create one. "it's a PRETTY MODERN life" does a great job at explaining what to do and makes it very easy to follow. I must say, I have applied her techniques to other pages I've made. Thanks "it's a PRETTY MODERN life"!!!!


The next pouch I first embroidered the exterior. I found a great book for beginners titled "Doodle Stitching" by Aimee Ray. I love her book because the patterns are hip and modern. I feel like a lot of embroidery books give patterns that my Grandmother would love. They are usually quite beautiful and intricate, but not necessarily things someone my age would be fond of. That's what I like about Aimee's book, it is young and modern, and easy to follow. A great introduction to embroidery. I also embroidered  a hand towel using another pattern from her book.


                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment